System Administrator (Entry Level)
Work Location: Houston, Texas
The System Administrator (Entry Level) will provide shift-based 7x24x365 support for a global satellite/terrestrial IP network infrastructure. As an integral part of our team, the technician’s responsibilities will include shift work, including some weekends and holidays. This position is based in TrustComm’s facilities at the Ellington Field Joint Reserve Military Base in Houston, Texas.
- Provide shift-based 7x24x365 continuous monitoring of network and storage performance providing Tier 1&2 support for a global network infrastructure.
- Take proactive and reactive actions to correct customer and company issues as required.
- Respond to customer trouble calls to analyze, diagnose and resolve the problem.
- Resolve customer issues related to broadband IP communication and data services via satellite transmission; support complex system installations and startup at customer sites.
- Administer security policies/practices; backup and validate integrity of core company data.
- Monitor equipment configurations and network performance, in real-time, and report conditions and irregularities to the team lead.
- Respond to emergencies in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Assist in the implementation of short and long-term standards, policies and procedures for meeting service SLAs and Quality Assurance metrics.
- Administer infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes.
- Open and track trouble tickets using IssueTrak to resolve network and/or remote terminal issues maintaining timely and accurate records.
- Analyze and resolve end user hardware and software issues in a timely and accurate manner; providing end user training as required.
- Develop, implement, and maintain IP networks over satellite TDMA and SCPC networks.
- Coordinate staging, migrations and upgrades of the system. Maintain awareness of service changes with vendors and other stakeholders.
- Perform regular (preventive) and corrective maintenance to network devices including Cisco and Juniper routers and switches, and traditional and virtual servers.
- Identify performance issues and recommend/implement corrections. Identify alarm correlations and appropriate response actions.
- Maintain system configuration documentation using industry best practices to meet customer objectives, while maintaining the security and integrity of data and infrastructure.
- Provide timely and accurate reports for analysis and growth planning of the system.
- Support user training and documentation and provide technical assistance for post-implementation support issues.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the missions, values and culture of the organization.
- Remain current in job knowledge with education opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
- Associate’s in Computer Science or equivalent degree with 1-2 years of experience, or 3 years direct experience related to the required skills specified.
- Candidate must be able travel both domestically. Travel is projected at less than 5%.
- Active in-scope DoD Secret Clearance; or the ability to obtain and maintain U.S. Government DoD Secret Clearance; Proof of U.S. Citizenship
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge:
- Ability to work on-call shifts, including some weekends and holidays, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues under pressure; previous experience NOC/Operations experience preferred.
- Knowledge of wired and wireless network design concepts.
- Current MCSE, RHCSA, LPI, or VCP-DCV.
- Good customer relations and communication skills are required.
- Experience with Linux, MySQL, Radius, DNS and IDS desired.
- Knowledge of script development (Python) is a plus.
- Solid background of Cisco IOS and networking (TCP/IP, IPSEC, Routing and Firewalls).
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Open and responsive to change and demonstrates a commitment to the process of continuous improvement by identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers.
TrustComm is the premier global provider of innovative, secure satellite communications (SATCOM) application solutions.
We uniquely combine extensive satellite access and expansive terrestrial capacity with highly effective applications to deliver best-fit, custom end-to-end solutions. For customers requiring instant, robust and easily deployable connectivity, our solutions provide maximum reliability across a wide range of applications.
From broadband Internet access, VoIP and voice, video conferencing and data communications for business continuity to emergency response, tactical field deployment and temporary usage, TrustComm delivers the ideal satellite communications solution.
TrustComm provides paramount services, supported by a highly experienced engineering team that is dedicated to setting industry standards, developing secure networks and delivering unparalleled customer service.
The only satellite communications provider with its own network infrastructure and 24/7 primary Network Operations Center located on a secure military base, TrustComm’s unparalleled global network, industry experience, ISO 9001:2015 registered customer satisfaction processes and engineering expertise exceeds the security and reliability standards of our customers.
if interested, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.